The Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers (IIEE), Inc. conduct a Nationwide Information Drive with their RA7920 Compliance Assessment and Monitoring Committee in Republic Act 7920, New Electrical Engineering Law Enforcement in Electrical Personnel Compliance of R.A. 7920 Article IV, Sundry Provisions Relative to the Practice of Electrical Engineers, Section 33. Personnel Required.
The Professional Regulatory Board of Electrical Engineering, PRBEE Board Resolution No. 12 Series of 2000, Authorizing the accredited Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers (IIEE), Inc. to render assistance to the Board of Electrical Engineering in performance of its functions under Section 4 (g), Article II of the New Electrical Engineering Law.
Mandatory requirements for the issuance of a Certificate of Compliance to Electrical Plants and Establishments by the Professional Regulatory Board of Electrical Engineering.
Certificate of Compliance to Electrical Plant, Industrial Plant or Factory, Commercial Establishment, Industrial Building, Watercraft, Electric Locomotive or Other Installation where persons and properties are exposed to Electrical hazards.
Pursuant to Section 33, Article IV of Republic Act 7920 entitled “New Electrical Engineering Law“, which states that except as otherwise provided in this Act, every electric plant, industrial plant or factory, commercial establishment, institutional building, watercraft, electric locomotive or in other installation where persons and properties are exposed to electrical hazards shall not have less than the following complement of professional electrical engineer, registered electrical engineer, and registered master electrician:
- a) Electric plants with total installed generating capacity of any size and employing voltages of any standard ratings – one (1) professional electrical engineer or one (1) registered electrical engineer. However, for capacities up to five hundred kilo-volt-amperes (500 Kva) and employing voltages of up to six hundred volts (600 V) – one (1) registered master electrician;
- b) Industrial plants or factories, commercial establishments, or institutional buildings have a connected Kva load of any size any employing voltages of any standard rating -one(1) professional electrical engineer or one (1) registered electrical engineer. However, for connected loads up to five hundred kilovolt-amperes (500 Kva) and employing voltages up to six hundred volts (600 V) – one (1) registered master electrician;
- c) Watercrafts or electric locomotives with installed generating capacity up to the maximum size and voltage available for these units – one (1) professional electrical engineer or one registered electrical engineer. However, for generating capacities to five hundred kilovolt-amperes/kilowatt (500 Kva/Kw) any employing voltages up to six hundred volts (600 V) – one (1) registered master electrician. Provided, however, That in all the aforementioned cases, additional qualified personnel shall be employed to ensure safe operation and safeguard public welfare, life and property: Provided, further, That when the operation requires more than one shift of personnel every twentyfour (24) hours, the minimum complement of qualified personnel shall be employed in each shift. This section, however, shall not apply to any installation has a connected load of fifty kilovolt-amperes (50 Kva) or less and employs voltages of not more than two hundred fifty volts (250 V) and for installations which are designed to be automatic and do not require resident personnel for their safe operation: Provided, however, That their maintenance and repair shall be under the charge of a duly registered personnel: Provided, further, That a yearly inspection will be conducted and certified to be in a safe operating condition by a professional electrical engineer, a registered electrical engineer, or a registered master electrician.
The Requirements for the issuance of Certificate of Compliance:
- Duly accomplished and notarized application form (affix documentary stamp)
- Affidavit of Electrical Engineer/s employed
- Photocopy of current Professional Identification Card/s of the employed Electrical Engineers/s
- Photocopy of the Professional Tax Receipt (PTR) of the employed Electrical Engineer/s issued in the city/province where the principal office is located
- Long folder with fastener
- Documentary stamps
- Short Brown
- Prescribed fee of P2,000.00
Procedure for application:
- Secure Application Form at the Standards and Inspection division counter or download at www.prc.gov.ph;
- Fill-out Application form and proceed to Standards and Inspection Division or in the nearest Regional Office for assessment and evaluation as to the completeness of the documents to be submitted;
- Proceed to the Legal and Investigation Division for notarization of the application form and to secure clearance of no derogatory records of the employed Electrical Engineer/s;
- Proceed to Registration Division for verification of license/s;
- Proceed to Cash Division for the payment of the prescribed fees; and Return to the Standards and Inspection Division to submit the duly accomplished application form with the required documents and the Official Receipt.
Here is the Professional Regulation Commission Checklist of Requirements for the Issuance of Certificate of Compliance:
CHECKLIST OF REQUIREMENTS FOR ISSUANCE OF CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE
ELECTRICAL PLANTS/INDUSTRIAL/COMMERCIAL ESTABLISHMENTS USING ELECTRIC POWER PURSUANT TO SECTION 33, ARTICLE II OF REPUBLIC ACT NO. 7920 OR KNOWN AS THE “NEW ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING LAW”
- SID-BEE-03 duly accomplished in two (2) copies and properly notarized. (Please affix documentary stamp to the original copy).
- Payments for Certificate of Compliance in the amount of Two Thousand Pesos (P 2,000.00). (In cash, Postal Money Order, Managers Check or Bank Draft payable to the Professional Regulation Commission).
- Affidavit/s of Electrical Engineer/s listed in SID-BEE-01, duly accomplished and properly notarized. (Please affix documentary stamp)
- Photo copy of the current professional identification card(s) of Professional Electrical Engineer/s(PEE) / Registered Electrical Engineer/s(REE) / Registered Master Electrician/s(RME) listed in SID-BEE-02.
- Photo copy professional tax receipt (PTR) of Electrical Engineer/s.
- Original copy of the inspection report and/or recommendation/certification of the Accredited Professional Organization (APO) signed and certified by the Team Members of the inspection group.
- Short brown envelope for the Certificate of Compliance.
- Advanced payments for one (1) set of documentary stamps to be affixed to the Certificate of Compliance.
ALL NOTARIZED DOCUMENTS SHOULD HAVE A DOCUMENTARY STAMP WORTH TWENTY-ONE PESOS (P 21.00).
DOCUMENTARY STAMPS ARE AVAILABLE AT PRC CENTRAL OFFICE CUSTOMER SERVICE COUNTERS AND PRC REGIONAL OFFICES.
APPLICATIONS WITH INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
SUBMIT REQUIREMENTS IN A FOLDER DULY SECURED BY A FASTENER.
IMPORTANT: Representative/s filing and claiming the Certificate of Compliance in behalf of the firm/company must present Special Power of Attorney and valid identification card of the representative.
Information Sheet on the Electrical Personnel of firms supplying or using Electrical Power.
- 1 Shift (1) PEE or (1) REE or (1) RME
- 2 Shifts (2) PEE or (2) REE or (2) RME
- 3 Shifts (24 hours Operation) (3) PEE, or (3) REE or (3) RME
(Note: If the load capacity is more than 500 kVA with employing voltage above 600 Volts a PEE or REE is required.)
And the Affidavit for each Personnel Required.
The Letter sent to various Electrical Plants and Establishments reminding them of the mandatory requirements in the issuance of Certificate of Compliance under Sec. 33 of RA 7920.
For more details please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
References: www.prc.gov.ph, IIEE RA 7920 Compliance Assessment and Monitoring Commitee.
Downloadable Forms Here: